Engineer Intern W/M: Argos demodulator based on Python
Published on Monday 04 October 2021Location :
job in Contrat de stage
for a duration of 6 mois
Created in 2011, Syrlinks is specialized in embedded communication systems in the fields of space, defense, safety and time-frequency. Syrlinks designs and manufactures radio communication equipment that can be deployed in extreme environments and develops associated software solutions. Using classic components and then making them reliable is one of its specificities.
Syrlinks, a new horizon for your career!
Syrlinks designs and manufactures location beacons using the Argos system. The Argos system is set to evolve in a few years with a significant increase in the constellation allowing IOT use with bi-directional communication.
In order to speed up and simplify the development of our Argos products, we need a quick and easy method of testing the performance of our transmit beacons.
In this context, the objectives of the internship are to develop a Python application allowing ARGOS 2, 3, 4 demodulation on an SDR basis, to determine the characteristic parameters of the modulation and to decode the useful information contained in the ARGOS messages.
Missions of the internship:
- Study of the ARGOS system and associated modulations
- Study of existing Python SDR code
- Study of the existing Scilab / Matlab code
- SDR performance analysis and evaluation to determine characteristic modulation parameters
- SDR selection, porting and demodulation development under Python
- Decoding of useful information from the message
- Performance and stability validation of the demodulator
- Writing a user guide
- Drafting of the internship report
You are at the end of the Engineering School cycle in the Telecom / Electronics field.
Motivated, curious, rigorous, interested in the subject and you have a good foundation in digital electronics and signal processing, this internship is for you.
Knowledge of the Python language is strongly recommended.