EWC36 is the second generation of Syrlinks L-Band Transmitter to answer to extended missions in orbit up to 7.5 years at Low Earth Orit. EWC36 ESA Class 3 is a reliable and high performance transmitter, which was developed by CNES and Syrlinks for downloading Telemetry on small platform.
The equipment operates in the 1698/1710 MHz frequency range. It includes a band-pass filter. Output RF power is +32 dBm (+37 dBm in option). The product is CCSDS compliant: filtered QPSK Convolutive Coding, with a data rate up to 1 Mbps.
The transmitter includes a DC-DC converter with galvanic isolation. Power consumption is 10W.
EWC36 design is based on the use of space-qualified components and is fully compliant to ECSS-Q-ST-60C Class 3 standard.
EWC36 is ESA CLASS 3 (ECSS-Q-ST-60-C) compliant and fitted to 7.5 LEO missions.
An Enhanced version ESA CLASS 2 (ECSS-Q-ST-60-C) compliant and fitted to 10 years LEO missions is available under the reference name EWC36-II.
- 7.5 years life-time LEO missions
- Observation & Scientific payloads
BENEFITS & KEY FEATURES
- High Power Transmission
- High reliability design (ESA CLASS 3)
- Low power consumption
- ITAR Free
QUALITY & RELIABILITY
- ECSS-Q-ST-60C CLASS 3 / NASA Level II
- Radiation tested & hardened
- Smart protection against SEE
- Functional, Mechanical, Thermal & EMC Tests
HERITAGE / TRL8
- Based on EWC29 and EWC20:
- SARAL, EWC20, ISRO/NOAA/CNES/TAS (2013)
- MERLIN, EWC29, CNES/DLR (on going)
- MICROCARB, EWC29, CNES (on going)
- MYRIADE EVOLUTIONS platform, Airbus D&S/Thales Alenia Space/CNES
- Others (upon request)
- CCSDS, Spaceflight Industries, KSAT, NEN*, SSC, Atlas, RBC Signals, ...
- Zodiac Data Systems, Amergint, Kratos / RT Logic, ...