SPEKTREYE is an RF Spectrum Monitoring payload oriented for Cube/Nano satellites. It has been designed by Syrlinks to meet the upcoming demand for RF sensing and Surveillance. Low Earth Orbit (LEO) missions around 500/700 km are especially appropriate.
Main features of SPEKTREYE payload are:
• Spectrum monitoring in wideband and/or narrowband mode
• Built-In mass memory for mission data storage
• Optional X-band Transmitter for mission data downlink
The unit integrates a System-On-Chip processor and performs as a software defined radio. A wide range of digital signal processing features are offered such as Channelizers and Periodogram. A built-in mass memory allows for data storage, either raw I/Q or post-processed data. RSSI-based operations are possible for optimizing the use of storage capacity.
The optional downlink operates in the 8 025–8 400 MHz frequency range. RF output power is typically 2W. Different modulations and coding are addressable according to CCSDS standards.
Power supply can vary in the 6 to 18 V range. Total power consumption for a 2 W RF output power is around 15 WTYP. Some “electronic fuses” are implemented on board in order to switch-off some power lines in case of latch-up or over current consumption due to space radiation. Operating temperature range is -25°C to +45°C. Different interface formats are available, from LVDS for data and clock to UART or I²C for Command and Control signals.
- 3/6/12/27U NanoSatellites, or up to 100 Kg SC
- 3-5 years lifetime LEO missions
- Wideband spectrum monitoring
- I/Q processing and recording
BENEFITS & KEY FEATURES
- SDR - Software Defined Radio
- Fitted for Nano & Micro Satellites
- Modular design: Rx, Tx & Rx, or Tx & 2Rx
- Low power consumption
- Optional X-band Tx for only 20 mm more
- ITAR Free
QUALITY & RELIABILITY
- TRL 8 - Q4 2020
- Radiation tested & hardened
- Functional, Mechanical, Thermal & EMC tests
- Smart protections against SEL
NETWORKS / GROUND
- CCSDS, Spaceflight Industries, KSAT, NEN*, Atlas, RBC Signals...
- Zodiac Data Systems, Kratos / RT Logic, ...