Engineer Intern W/M: Modeling and simulation of micro-ribbon RF transitions
Published on Monday 04 October 2021Location : Cesson-Sévigné
job in Contrat de stage
for a duration of 5-6mois
Created in 2011, Syrlinks is specialized in embedded communication systems in the fields of space, defense, safety and time-frequency. Syrlinks designs and manufactures radio communication equipment that can be deployed in extreme environments and develops associated software solutions. Using classic components and then making them reliable is one of its specificities.
Syrlinks, a new horizon for your career!
Internship subject: Modeling and simulation of micro-ribbon RF transitions in the DC-18GHz band
Syrlinks develops Telecom products for space applications based on radio-frequency (RF) functions in a range covering UHF up to microwave frequencies around 30GHz. These functions must be developed by optimizing the performance of the entire transmission and reception chain.
The purpose of the internship is to provide routing rules that allow the correct routing of transitions between RF connectors commonly used at Syrlinks and RF lines. But also between RF lines and components which have smaller or wider reception ranges than that of the line.
The internship will take place in four stages:
State of the art:
- Bibliography of the existing Syrlinks
- Evaluation of existing models at Syrlinks
- Correlation of simulations / measurements on Syrlinks models
- Search the internet or the literature for the techniques used to achieve these optimal transitions
Electromagnetic Optimization / Simulation:
- Perform electromagnetic simulations under AWR
- Search for optimal solutions for different configurations of microstrip line transitions <-> RF connectors
- Make models to check the results obtained in simulation
- Evaluation of the prototypes produced
- Correlation of measurements and simulations
- Retro simulation and focus
- Drafting of a summary report of the work carried out
- Proposal for a generic design recommendation for these transitions which will be integrated into the Syrlinks routing rules
Depending on the suitability of the candidate and his advancement, he may be offered to work on related subjects during the prototype manufacturing phase.
You are at the end of the Engineering School cycle in the Telecom / RF field.
Motivated, curious, rigorous, interested in the subject and you have a good foundation in RF & microwave fields as well as in the use of associated measuring devices.
Practical experience on an electromagnetic simulation tool such as ADS, HFSS, AWR, CST is strongly recommended.