Development of the smallest Argos Bird tracking beacon is underway at Syrlinks
MRBA-18G is the lightest bird tracking tag using Argos tracking services. It includes a solar panel, a rechargeable battery, as well as a GNSS receiver ensuring a permanent high-precision positioning. MRBA-18G also has a set of functions and sensors.
MRBA-18G is designed for tracking birds and wild animals weighing over 600g. The beacon included:
- An Argos transmitter (Argos 2)
- A solar panel and a rechargeable battery
- A temperature sensor and an accelerometer
- Compact GNSS receiver with on-board antenna, low power consumption
- Water resistance of 200 bar (up to 2000 m diving depth)
MRBA-18G can also be used to track marine animals and export their biologging data (seabirds, but also large animals such as elephant seals). A suite of configurable programs is also delivered with the tag to facilitate its use during operations.