X Band Transmitter
Due to the small size of these satellites, one of the main challenges is low consuming equipment, especially for radios communication links.
EWC27 answers to this new game-changing on small satellites, permitting simultaneously:
- High datarate telemetry up to 140 Mbps (optional)
- Robust transmission in X band (8GHz)
A smart concept is implemented for controlling the power amplifier supplies in order to get the best efficiency for each RF power level. The power consumption is always optimized. The architecture of the power supplies is designed to protect the transmitter against latch-up effects from heavy ions in space.
Syrlinks «nano» radios are designed for 2 years lifetime LEO missions. The reliability concept comes from Syrlinks team experience, since ROSETTA mission, in design and manufacturing of radios for micro and mini satellites. A specific product quality approach has been improved since MYRIADE platform and ROSETTA mission with CNES.
EWC27 design and manufacturing are mainly based on qualified COTS components, stressing tests on QM units. Architecture inherits from EWC28 X Band transmitter, already in-flight proven on different missions, especially PROBA-V (ESA/QinetiQ Space nv). EWC27 XBT can be adapted for Deep Space, especially in terms of frequency band, bitrate, ...
*The SME label awarded by CNES underlines the excellence of a key SME space supplier in developing porducts or providing space services.
• High Data rate Télemetry - Up to 140 Mbps
• 2 years lifetime LEO missions
• Observation & Scientific payloads, Experimentation, ...
BENEFITS & KEY FEATURES
• Qualified COTS in a miniature design
• Cubesat form factor / PC 104
• Link budget optimisation, by in-flight configuration
• Option: S band Telecommand receiver
• Low consumption & high-efficiency amplifier
• ITAR Free
QUALITY & RELIABILITY
• Radiation tested & hardened
• Functional, Mechanical, Thermal & EMC tests
• Smart protections against SEL
HERITAGE / TRL-9
• > 100 units delivered and launch
• GOMX-3, ESA-Gomspace (2015)
• EYE-SAT, CNES (2017)
• OPS-SAT, ESA (2018)
• Others : EU, USA, CANADA & ASIA, upon request (2017, ...)
• Based on EWC28 family XBT series inflight proven (2013)
• CCSDS, Spaceflight Industries, KSAT, NEN*, Atlas, RBC Signals, LEAF SPACE ...
• Safran Cortex, AMERGINT, Kratos / RT Logic, ...